poems by yours truly

Just some poetry I wrote that are too short for its own posts. 

Inspired by a joke book from the olden days.

.............................................................

Who Will Save Us?

Evil strikes day and night,
Evil comes to cause some strife.
They kill and maim whoever they wish,
Their latest victim was not a miss.
Who can we count on to arrive on scene?
To solve the murder of the poor Red Bean?
Just call on our beloved Celery Queen!

The Shortest Distance

The shortest distance between two wars is never out of reach;
The shortest distance to end the strife begins with love and peace.

Yesterday

I do not fear the days ahead,
Or the day I face here then.
But rather the day that I have missed and will never get back again.

This day could have been full of hope and love, with joy here to stay;
But instead I let it slip through my fingers, and it became the tomorrow that got away.


Comments