5 senses exercise

this short excerpt is from a prompt I did with the five senses and this picture:

 


                                             picture found on google images from a friend.

“Do you believe in life after death, Charles?”

“I didn’t before I met you, Mary; but now that I have, I wish there were.”

Mary turned her head to face the Pennsylvania river. Wisps of hair blew in her face as she pondered her next words. The smell of rain hung on the empty silence. She felt a warm hand touch hers. She smiling softly at her courter.

“What if I told you that there was such a life?”

He looked up at her, fingering a small branch of grapes with his left hand, still holding on to her with his right.

“How do you know of this?” He asked softly.

“Because I believe in Hope.” She replied confidently.

“Teach me to believe in the unseen,” he begged. “I don’t understand any of the spiritual life; but I do understand that I can’t bear to let death separate us.”

She glanced at his left hand as his fingers continued to fiddle with the vine. “The grapes should be ripe by now.”

“Yes, almost ready to eat.”

“How do you know that?”

His dark eyes met her warm, brown ones. “Because others have taught me so.”

“And you believed them with no science?”

“Yes, but there are facts to it, I just do not know it. So I trust others to tell me the truth.”

“Do you trust me with the truth even though I know not the facts?”

“Always.”

She kept her gentle gaze on his tanned face. “Then believe in the Hope of the afterlife with me.”

....................

Perhaps one day I may even extend on it.

 

 

Comments